Topics this week include:
- Digg to be purchased by BetaWorks - the once hip crowd-sourced news aggregator has seen better times and has lost traction. That may change…
- Marissa Mayer Is Now Yahoo’s President and CEO – We discuss some of the history from Marissa’s past and what her move to Yahoo may mean for the company.
Digg is getting Dugg up
Digg is being purchased by BetaWorks. At one time, Digg was unstoppable, leading the pack of crowd-sourced news-aggregating web destinations. Digg still has a huge number of users, but has lost a ton of steam in recent years. Will this acquisition help Digg reclaim its throne? Listen to the episode to hear what we think
- Digg to be bought by Betaworks after struggling in social media
- wapo.st/O1wMg3 – via Washington Post
Marissa Mayer Heads to Yahoo!
Recently, it was announced that former Google executive Marissa Mayer has been named the new President and CEO of Yahoo. What does this mean for Yahoo? Will the once-prominent return to its glory days? Listen in for our take!
- Know Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer in 11 facts
- bit.ly/O1uUDX - via CNN tech
What we’ve been up to / watching
- Google purchased Sparrow (Mac/iPhone email client) – via CNN Money - Google buys Sparrow for ‘new Gmail project
- The Dark Knight Rises – IMAX premier – for review, see: secondscreeners.com/11 over at the Second Screeners site.
- Season 3 of Breaking Bad – AMC TV – Show link: www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad
- Ask your questions by clicking “Leave Us a Message” on the right hand side of this page, or by sending an email to” questions [at] talkingtechshow.com
We’d love to get your feedback in the comments! What are your opinions on Marissa Mayer as the new CEO at Yahoo? Weigh in on that and other episode topics below! Please give us a call on our listener feedback line at 919-438-3971 or contact us at: info [at] talkingtechshow.com if you’d like to be a guest on the show or are interested in sponsorship opportunities!
Please subscribe to the show on iTunes at: talkingtechshow.com/itunes - We’d be very appreciative if you could take a couple of moments to give us a review and rating on iTunes. Thanks for your support!