In this episode of the Talking Tech Show, Tim, Aaron, and their special guest, podcaster and author Donovan Adkisson talk about Wired Magazine’s Mat Honan getting hacked, and learn details about Donovan’s incredible new book, Podcasting: Year One!
Topics this week include:
- Wired Magazine’s Mat Honan is hacked and sees his digital identity erased
- Donovan Adkisson releases his book, Podcasting: Year One
What we’ve been up to / watching
- TechStars Demo Day!
- Breaking Bad – Season 5 – finally caught up!
- Weeds – Season 8
Podcasting: Year One
Donovan shares details about his new book, Podcasting: Year One, including details on who would find the book helpful, and the types of useful information the book contains.
This is a terrific book, and can be purchased for the Amazon Kindle here: amzn.to/MEBktL - Please support Donovan’s efforts and purchase it today!
Wired Magazine’s Mat Honan Hacked and loses his digital identity
One of the biggest tech stories this week described how Wired mags writer Mat Honan witnessed his digital identity being erased right before his eyes. He learns more about how the hack was performed, and shares information on how to better protect yourself. Listen in and let us know what your take is.
- How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking via Wired Magazine
- Two Step Verification Dances Around the Issue via Pando daily
- Ask your questions by clicking “Leave Us a Message” on the right hand side of this page, or by sending an email to” questions [at] talkingtechshow.com
We’d love to get your feedback in the comments! What are your opinions on personal internet security? Weigh in on that and other episode topics below! Please give us a call on our listener feedback line at 919-438-3971 or contact us at: info [at] talkingtechshow.com if you’d like to be a guest on the show or are interested in sponsorship opportunities!
Please subscribe to the show on iTunes at: talkingtechshow.com/itunes - We’d be very appreciative if you could take a couple of moments to give us a review and rating on iTunes. Thanks for your support!