In this episode of the Talking Tech Show, Tim Arthur and Aaron K. White discuss the mobile wallet solution Wal-Mart is teaming up with Target and other major retailers on, Goole search changes and layoffs, how outsourced jobs are coming back to the United States, and much more!
Topics this week include:
- Wal-Mart, Target, and other major retailers are working on a mobile wallet solution
- Google search changes
- Google cuts 4,000 jobs at Motorola Mobility
- Growth of Indian companies in the U.S. leads to outsourced jobs coming home
What we’ve been up to / watching
- Picplum – picplum.com
- Breaking Bad
- Breaking Bad
- The best 80′s movie ever: Fast Times at Ridgemont High turns 30
Walmart, Target, 7-11 And Other Retailers Are Teaming Up On Mobile Wallet
The retail giant is cooking up some interesting plans In the mobile payment space. Listen to hear more about what’s to come!
- techcrunch.com/2012/08/15/walmart-target-7-11-and-other-retailers-are-teaming-up-on-mobile-wallet/ via TechCrunch
Google cuts 4,000 jobs at Motorola Mobility
We expected Google would do some restructuring after purchasing Motorola Mobility. Listen in for more of our take on the announcement.
Google changes its web search again, and you can sign up to see it first
Google punishes those that post stolen content. For more info, listen in!
- venturebeat.com/2012/08/08/google-changes-its-web-search-again-and-you-can-sign-up-to-see-it-first/ via VentureBeat
As Indian companies grow in the U.S., outsourcing comes home
Great to see jobs coming back into the US. To learn more about how the proliferation of Indian companies in the US is bringing back jobs, listen now!
- www.washingtonpost.com/business/as-indian-companies-grow-in-the-us-outsourcing-comes-home/2011/05/17/AFZbrp7G_story.html via Washington Post
We’d love to get your feedback in the comments! What are your opinions on potential new mobile payment solutions, Google’s changes, and outsourced jobs coming back to the US? Weigh in on that and other episode topics below! Please give us a call on our listener feedback line at 919-438-3971 or contact us at: info [at] talkingtechshow.com if you’d like to be a guest on the show or are interested in sponsorship opportunities!
Please subscribe to the show on iTunes at: talkingtechshow.com/itunes – We’d be very appreciative if you could take a couple of moments to give us a review and rating on iTunes. Thanks for your support!